Downloading Maps to Icon and Genius computers
Posted by Support Supervisor, Last modified by Gianluca Tedone on 03 February 2021 10:23 AM
- Go to Mares site: www.mares.com, From the menu select ‘Service’ then under ‘Downloads’ you will see ‘Maps’.
- Choose the map for the specific country/region you need and download it to your PC.
- Open the Dive Organizer and connect the computer: once a connection is established the maps can be uploaded.
- Select ‘Computer | Upload maps’ from the menu.
- After a while, the "Upload Maps" window will appear (sometimes also a 'Removable Disk' windows can appear: close it, as it is not needed).
- The Dive Organizer is pre-loaded with dive maps from Italy.
- These can be imported by simply clicking the desired map and then the ‘play’ button.
- In this case, another map has been downloaded and saved to the PC.
- To access this map, select the ‘Explorer’ tab.
- Then select the ‘+’ to find the map that was saved to the PC.
- Simply find and select the map that was downloaded from the Mares website then click ‘open’.
- The map will then be shown in the ‘Explorer’ field, as seen above.
- Now simply click the ‘play’ button to transfer the map from the ‘Explorer’ field to the ‘Dive Computer’ field.
- The ‘Upload Map’ screen should appear as above when maps have been successfully uploaded to the computer.
- The computer can be disconnected and maps can be viewed on its display.